I Name and address of the person responsible
The person responsible within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation and other national data protection laws of the member states as well as other data protection regulations is:
Lufthansa Global Business Services GmbH
trading as Lufthansa Group Business Services
Lufthansa Basis, Building 309, 4th Floor
II Name and address of the data protection officer
The data protection officer of the responsible entity is:
Lufthansa Group Privacy Officer
Dr. Barbara Kirchberg-Lennartz
German Lufthansa AG (DLH)
60546 Frankfurt, Germany
III General information on data processing
1 Scope of the processing of personal data
We only process personal data of our users if this is necessary to provide a functional website as well as our contents and services. The processing of personal data of our users takes place regularly only after consent of the user. An exception applies in those cases where prior consent cannot be obtained for real reasons and the processing of the data is permitted by law.
2 Legal basis for the processing of personal data
Insofar as we obtain the consent of the data subject for the processing of personal data, Art. 6 (1) lit. a EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) serves as the legal basis.
In the processing of personal data required for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party, Art. 6 (1) lit. b GDPR serves as the legal basis. This also applies to processing operations that are necessary to carry out pre-contractual measures.
Insofar as the processing of personal data is required to fulfil a legal obligation to which our company is subject, Art. 6 (1) lit. c GDPR serves as the legal basis.
In the event that the vital interests of the data subject or another natural person require the processing of personal data, Article 6 (1) (d) GDPR serves as the legal basis.
If processing is necessary to safeguard a legitimate interest of our company or a third party and if the interests, fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject do not outweigh the first-mentioned interest, Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR serves as the legal basis for processing.
3 Data erasure and storage time
The personal data of the person concerned will be deleted or blocked as soon as the purpose of storage ceases to apply. Furthermore, data may be stored if this has been provided for by the European or national legislator in EU regulations, laws or other provisions to which the person responsible is subject. The data will also be blocked or deleted if a storage period prescribed by the aforementioned standards expires, unless there is a need for further storage of the data for the conclusion or fulfilment of a contract.
IV Provision of the website and creation of log files
1 Description and scope of data processing
Every time you visit our website, our system automatically collects data and information from the computer system of the calling computer.
The following data is collected:
• information about the browser type and version used
• the user's operating system
• the IP address of the user
• date and time of access
• websites from which the user's system reaches our website
• websites and files accessed by the user's system via our website
• user ID for HTTP authentication (not used)
• access mode (GET/POST) and protocol (HTTP 1.1, 2.0, …)
• size of the requested file/page
• HTTP status code
The data is also stored in the log files of our system. This data is not stored together with other personal data of the user.
2 Legal basis for data processing
The legal basis for the temporary storage of data and log files is Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR
3 Purpose of data processing
The temporary storage of the IP address by the system is necessary to enable the website to be delivered to the user's computer. For this the IP address of the user must remain stored for the duration of the session. The data is stored in log files to ensure the functionality of the website. In addition, the data serves us to optimize the website and to ensure the security of our information technology systems. An evaluation of the data for marketing purposes does not take place in this context. Our legitimate interest in data processing pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR also lies in these purposes.
4 Duration of storage
The data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer necessary to achieve the purpose for which they were collected. In the case of the collection of data for the provision of the website, this is the case when the respective session has ended. If the data is stored in log files, this is the case after 90 days at the latest. Further storage is possible. In this case, the IP addresses of the users are deleted or alienated, so that an assignment of the calling client is no longer possible.
5 Possibility of opposition and elimination
The collection of data for the provision of the website and the storage of data in log files is absolutely necessary for the operation of the website. Consequently, there is no possibility of objection on the part of the user.
We do not set cookies that permanently store personal data. We use so-called captcha cookies to make our website more user-friendly and safer from e.g. SPAM. The captcha generates a graphic of randomly assembled and distorted characters, which should not be readable by machines/robots.
The captcha on the contact form (see VI. number 1) ensures that only humans and no machines/robots use the contact form to contact us. The captcha requires the setting of a technical cookie. Only the entered captcha code is transmitted. The captcha works on the server side and does not communicate with third parties such as Google. The cookie and its contents are automatically deleted as soon as the browser session or session is terminated.
VI Contact forms and e-mail contact
1 Description and scope of data processing
Two contact forms are available on our website. Both serve different purposes. One contact form is used for direct electronic contact with LGBS, e.g. for initiating business with LGBS or for general questions about LGBS. The second contact form serves exclusively to process data protection issues and questions. The request is then forwarded directly to the department.
If a user takes advantage of this possibility, the data entered in the input mask will be transmitted to us and stored in both contact forms. This data is:
• Surname, first name
• Title (Mrs/Mr)
• Title and company (optional)
• E-mail address
• Phone number (optional)
• User's message
Your consent is obtained for the processing of the data within the scope of the sending process and reference is made to this data protection declaration. Alternatively, you can contact us via the e-mail address provided. In this case, the user's personal data transmitted by e-mail will be stored. In this context, the data will not be passed on to third parties. The data is used exclusively for processing the conversation.
2 Legal basis for data processing
The legal basis for the processing of data is Art. 6 (1) lit. a GDPR if the user has given his consent. The legal basis for the processing of data transmitted in the course of sending an e-mail is Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR. If the e-mail contact aims at the conclusion of a contract, then additional legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 exp. 1 lit. b GDPR.
3 Purpose of data processing
The processing of the personal data from the input mask serves us only for the treatment of the establishment of contact. In the event of contact by e-mail, this also constitutes the necessary legitimate interest in the processing of the data. The other personal data processed during the sending process serve to prevent misuse of the contact form and to ensure the security of our information technology systems.
4 Duration of storage
The data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer necessary to achieve the purpose for which they were collected. For the personal data from the input mask of the contact form and those that were sent by e-mail, this is the case when the respective conversation with the user is finished. The conversation is terminated when it can be inferred from the circumstances that the facts in question have been finally clarified.
The additional personal data collected during the sending process will be deleted after a period of seven days at the latest.
5 Possibility of opposition and elimination
The user has the possibility at any time to revoke his consent to the processing of personal data, e.g. in text form to datenschutz(at)dlh.de. If the user contacts us by e-mail, he can object to the storage of his personal data at any time, e.g. in text form to datenschutz(at)dlh.de. In such a case, the conversation cannot be continued.
All personal data stored in the course of contacting us will be deleted in this case.
VII Rights of the person concerned
If your personal data are processed, you are affected within the meaning of the GDPR and you have rights against the person responsible. You can assert the following rights by e-mail to datenauskunft(at)dlh.de:
1 Right to information
You can ask the person in charge to confirm whether personal data concerning you will be processed by us.
If such processing has taken place, you can request the following information from the person responsible:
(1) the purposes for which the personal data are processed;
(2) the categories of personal data being processed;
(3) the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data concerning you have been or are still being disclosed;
(4) the planned duration of the storage of the personal data concerning you or, if specific information on this is not possible, criteria for determining the storage period;
(5) the existence of a right to rectification or deletion of personal data concerning you, a right to limitation of processing by the controller or a right to object to such processing;
(6) the existence of a right of appeal to a supervisory authority;
(7) any available information on the origin of the data if the personal data are not collected from the data subject;
(8) the existence of automated decision-making including profiling in accordance with Art. 22 (1) and 4 GDPR and – at least in these cases – meaningful information on the logic involved and the scope and intended effects of such processing for the data subject.
You have the right to request information as to whether the personal data concerning you is transferred to a third country or to an international organisation. In this context, you may request to be informed of the appropriate guarantees pursuant to Art. 46 GDPR in connection with the transmission.
2 The right to correction
You have a right of rectification and/or completion vis-à-vis the data controller if the personal data processed concerning you are incorrect or incomplete. The person responsible shall make the correction without delay.
3 Right to limitation of processing
Under the following conditions, you may request that the processing of personal data concerning you be restricted:
(1) if you dispute the accuracy of the personal data concerning you for a period that enables the data controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
(2) the processing is unlawful and you refuse to delete the personal data and instead request that the use of the personal data be restricted;
(3) the data controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you do need them to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, or
(4) if you have filed an objection to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 (1) GDPR and it has not yet been determined whether the legitimate reasons of the person responsible outweigh your reasons.
If the processing of personal data concerning you has been restricted, such data may only be processed – apart from being stored – with your consent or for the purpose of asserting, exercising or defending rights or protecting the rights of another natural or legal person or on grounds of an important public interest of the Union or a Member State.
If the processing restriction has been restricted according to the above conditions, you will be informed by the person responsible before the restriction is lifted.
4 Right of deletion
a) Duty to delete
You may request the data controller to delete the personal data relating to you without delay and the controller is obliged to delete this data without delay if one of the following reasons applies:
(1) The personal data concerning you are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
(2) You revoke your consent, on which the processing was based pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. a or Art. 9 (2) lit. a GDPR, and there is no other legal basis for the processing.
(3) You file an objection against the processing pursuant to Art. 21 (1) GDPR and there are no overriding legitimate reasons for the processing, or you file an objection against the processing pursuant to Art. 21 (2) GDPR.
(4) The personal data concerning you have been processed unlawfully.
(5) The deletion of personal data relating to you is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation under Union law or the law of the Member States to which the data controller is subject.
(6) The personal data concerning you were collected in relation to information society services offered pursuant to Art. 8 (1) GDPR.
b) Information to third parties
If the data controller has made the personal data concerning you public and is obliged to delete it pursuant to Art. 17 (1) GDPR, he shall take appropriate measures, including technical measures, taking into account the available technology and the implementation costs, to inform data processors who process the personal data that you as the data subject have requested the deletion of all links to this personal data or of copies or replications of this personal data.
The right to deletion does not exist insofar as the processing is necessary
(1) to exercise freedom of expression and information;
(2) for the performance of a legal obligation required for processing under the law of the Union or of the Member States to which the controller is subject or for the performance of a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority conferred on the controller;
(3) for reasons of public interest in the field of public health pursuant to Art. 9 (2) lit. h and i and Art. 9 (3) GDPR;
(4) for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes pursuant to Art. 89 (1) GDPR, insofar as the law referred to under a) is likely to make it impossible or seriously impair the attainment of the objectives of such processing, or
(5) to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
5 Right to information
If you have exercised your right to have the data controller correct, delete or limit the processing, he/she is obliged to inform all recipients to whom the personal data concerning you have been disclosed of this correction or deletion of the data or restriction on processing, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. The person responsible shall have the right to be informed of such recipients.
6 Right to data transferability
You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you that you have provided to the person responsible in a structured, common and machine-readable format. In addition, you have the right to pass this data on to another person in charge without obstruction by the person in charge to whom the personal data was provided, provided that
(1) processing is based on consent pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. a GDPR or Art. 9 para. 2 lit. a GDPR or on a contract pursuant to Art. 6 (1) lit. b GDPR and
(2) processing is carried out by means of automated methods.
In exercising this right, you also have the right to request that the personal data concerning you be transferred directly from one data controller to another data controller, insofar as this is technically feasible. The freedoms and rights of other persons must not be affected by this. The right to transferability shall not apply to the processing of personal data necessary for the performance of a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority conferred on the controller.
7 Right of objection
You have the right to object at any time, for reasons arising from your particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning you under Article 6 (1) (e) or (f) of the GDPR; this also applies to profiling based on these provisions. The data controller no longer processes the personal data concerning you, unless he can prove compelling reasons worthy of protection for the processing, which outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
If the personal data concerning you are processed for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of the personal data concerning you for the purpose of such advertising; this also applies to profiling, insofar as it is associated with such direct marketing.
If you object to the processing for direct marketing purposes, the personal data concerning you will no longer be processed for these purposes.
You have the possibility to exercise your right of objection in connection with the use of Information Society services by means of automated procedures using technical specifications, notwithstanding Directive 2002/58/EC.
8 Right to revoke the data protection declaration of consent
You have the right to revoke your data protection declaration of consent at any time. The revocation of consent shall not affect the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until revocation.
9 Right of appeal to a supervisory authority
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you have the right of appeal to a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State where you reside, work or suspect of infringement, if you believe that the processing of personal data concerning you is contrary to the GDPR. The supervisory authority to which the complaint has been lodged shall inform the complainant of the status and results of the complaint, including the possibility of a judicial remedy under Article 78 GDPR.
If you have any questions about privacy, you can send us a message by using our contact form.